Trip Development Manager in The Iconic Travel Group
Job Published on: September 16th, 2019
- You are a passionate, enthusiastic, multi-talented Adventure Travel professional who loves inspiring people to explore their world, as well as discover new ones.
- You are a seasoned trip designer who can see a destination for the authenticity that it represents, and can suffuse our client’s brand and trip focus into a dynamic, awe-inspiring experience.
- You have years of project management, trip design and adventure travel under your belt and thrive in a fast paced, self-driven work environment.
- You are ready to join a small, dynamic and growing team of travel professionals who live our brand and embody the spirit of our clients and partners.
- Start Date: September 1st, 2019
- Location: Steamboat Springs or Denver, CO (remote considered as well)
Your role will include
- Reporting to the Managing Director and working collaboratively with other team members to develop dynamic trip itineraries, manage client relationships and execute unparalleled traveler experiences.
- Designing and executing on 6-10 trips per year--from brainstorm to debrief--for 1-2 core Iconic Travel Group clients, with potential to diversify into other areas over time.
- Developing and managing relationships with local suppliers and partners, sourcing creative destination options, and negotiating rates and contracts.
- Coordinating logistics with local operators, flight providers, and other vendors, including completing required paperwork, managing deadlines, and communicating client updates.
- Developing internal and client-facing trip documentation.
- Communicating with clients by phone, email, and in person. Provide an outstanding travel experience from initial trip inquiry to post-trip evaluation, meeting challenges with a smile and a sense of adventure!
- Fully preparing Iconic Trip Leaders to successfully execute trips on the ground.
- Managing project timelines and monitoring completion of key deliverables.
- Managing trip budgets from initial costing through post-travel reconciliation.
- Creating and analyzing post-trip evaluation forms.
- Providing additional support for senior staff (up to 20% of work). This may include conducting destination-specific research, preparing agendas for and attending partner leadership meetings, performing administrative tasks, etc.).
What you will bring to the table
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of progressive experience within the Travel/Adventure Industry.
- Personal expertise with global adventure travel, including adventure, expedition, budget, and luxury modes.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, high-energy personality.
- Ability to communicate and foster relationships with all levels of business partners.
- Excellent communication and highly developed negotiation skills.
- Able to work well with cross-functional team members.
- Ability to establish trust and inspire others.
- Interact effectively with clients, operators, and guides.
- Work effectively in both an office environment as well as remotely.
- Foreign language skills preferred (Spanish, French)
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings or weekends when requested.
- A relentless spirit in driving results.
- Exceptional leadership of people and projects.
What we will bring to the table
- A dynamic, fast-paced learning environment
- A chance to be a part of a growing company in an incredible space
- A competitive package
- The opportunity to travel - on us
- A flexible work environment based on tasks and not time in the office
- A path to growing your career in the travel industry
To ApplyIf interested, please send a cover letter, resume, and two references (including contact information) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Trip Development Manager Position.
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.