UI/UX/Frontend Engineer in Frontastic
Salary Range: Between 3,000 and 5,000 US$ per monthFrontastic is looking for a UI/UX/Frontend Engineer (f/m/*) as either part-time or full-time position. We are a remote-first company currently operating in the Europe/Berlin timezone. Locations in or close to Germany are preferred to make our regular in-person meetings easier. As our first dedicated frontend engineer you will have the opportunity to be a major influence on our product UI/UX and bring a balance of opinion to our team of backend engineers. This is not a junior position, but if you are experienced and ship proven work on your own, this position is for you. You can set new standards in the eCommerce experience: You develop our progressive web application platform with innovative UI components, build and integrate standards for others to develop their eCommerce projects on top of your work.
- Implementation of basic UI patterns & new ideas for eCommerce projects
- Development of frontend components with React & React-Redux
- Styling with SASS & CSS using BEM / BEMIT and patterns from ITCSS
- Development of a mobile-first progressive web app platform
- Integration of different backend services via APIs
- You would describe yourself more as a generalist than a specialist in your field
- You are highly motivated, committed to improving existing skills and like to learn new skills during working hours
- You have a vision of how to better shape the development experience for other frontend engineers.
- You have a completed education and at least 3 to 5 years of professional experience as an application developer or in a comparable field.
- An understanding of the requirements of working in software development (quality assurance, testing, cross-browser development)
- You are able and willing to prefer written communication to make well structured information readily available to everyone and follow established communication patterns
WHAT WE OFFERAs our colleague you have the flexibility to choose your own working hours throughout the day to incorporate this job into your life-work balance. Our work week has 40 hours maximum and overtime is the exception. No vacation days are necessary to run errands, and there is certainly no need to wait until after work to take care of a family emergency. Our development team strives to improve themselves following these guidelines:
- A culture of owning your code from design & development to deployment and monitoring, which is sometimes called DevOps.
- We offer a friendly learning environment and try hard not to blame anyone for not knowing something and actively encourage mentoring of your peers.
- We use practices like pair programming, mob programming, test driven development when it makes sense and continuously refactor our code to constantly share knowledge and keep the amount of technical dept low.
- We are a remote-first company with regular meetings in-person. We use tools like Email, Trello, Hangouts and Slack to stay in touch during our daily work.