Writer in Red Guava
Who we are
Red Guava is a small bootstrapped and profitable software company based in Melbourne, Australia. Our team works remotely from all over the world.
Our sole focus is building an application called Cliniko. Cliniko makes life easy for Allied Health professionals by handling appointment scheduling, storing treatment notes, and a bunch of other things. It's quite a neat system and is used globally by tens of thousands of people every day.Things we love to do:
- Provide great software and service.
- Work with talented people.
- Delight our customers.
- Make the world a little bit better.
How we work
We work smarter, not harder. We think work/life balance is important and we work a 30-hour week as standard (you still get a full-time pay; it’s a full-time position).
Even though we're based out of Melbourne, Australia, our team is spread around the world. We want to hire the best person available, not just the best person within a 10km radius. You can see our team's locations on the Red Guava website (admittedly that site is a bit neglected, so it's kind of how our team looked a couple of years ago).
If you want to know more about how we work (which really is quite different), our founder Joel gave a talk about it.
We are looking for a Writer to join our team. If you've been working as a writer already, that's a bonus, but it's not required. What we really care about is skill, passion, and integrity. That's much more important than what’s on your CV.
Who you are
- You love to write and people enjoy to read your writing. It's friendly, humorous, and easy to understand. You have a way with words that's engaging and joyful. You can take a complex topic, and make it clear and easy to understand.
- You have superb English skills (both verbal and written). You are able to take your thoughts and put them together in easy to understand language. You're able to convey your content in an enticing, accurate, and jargon-free way. You appreciate a good oxford comma.
- You want to work in a place where you can do your best work and have fun too. You are always looking for better ways to grab the readers attention.
- You've probably already found numerous things in this job ad, that could be worded better. Maybe even in this paragraph.
What you'll work on
You will spend your time writing or editing things for Cliniko. This includes:
- Blog posts; we value quality over quantity.
- Social media posts.
- Website copy.
- Community forum posts.
- New feature announcements.
- Scripts for videos.
- Wording within the Cliniko application.
- Helping the team with general writing.
- Researching topics for content.
- Anything else you think needs doing.
You'll help us continue to communicate in a friendly and honest way.
Great work environment
We want people doing their best work with us. We know that needs a great work environment, and we don't just mean a flashy office. Some things we do a little differently to enable people to do their best work and live a happy life:
- 30-hour work week.
- Complete autonomy.
- Work from anywhere.
- Unlimited annual leave (minimum 4 weeks per year).
- Supplied computer equipment.
- Ergonomic furniture.
- Fresh organic fruit weekly to your home.
- Overseas trips for full team meet-ups (family invited and paid for too).
- No managers.
- No meetings.
Let’s be clear, you do need to be seriously amazing. We don't hire often and when we do, we get hundreds of applicants. We will offer you the best job you have ever had with plenty of perks, but we expect you to be super-talented.
You should be absolutely passionate about writing. You should take pride in your work and be excited to do it.
Interested? Apply now!
We'd love it if you could fill out the form on this page. Notably, please do not attach a resume. We don't like them and don't read them, we just couldn't remove the field from the form. Job applications close 16th of October, 2019. It would be great however, if you could put some effort into the "Important bit" area. It's quite aptly named, it's what we care most about. You might tell us:
- A little bit about yourself.
- Why are you applying for this job?
- What do you bring to the party that we shouldn't miss out on?
- Anything else you think we might find interesting.
- We get a lot of applications, so we'd appreciate if it's not too lengthy.
- We much prefer friendly over professional.
- We will decide who progresses to the next stage based on this form. Only the best will be selected, so please spend some time and give us enough to see who you are.