Sara Borghi is a remote based SEO specialist looking for new remote work opportunities:
- Has +9 years of experience in SEO
- Has been 2 years working remotely
- Specialized in Keyword Research, Off-site SEO, On-site SEO, Local SEO, SEO Copywriting, YouTube SEO, Content Strategy, eCommerce SEO, UX SEO.
- Spoken languages: Italian (Mother tongue), English (Fluent, 9.5 IELTS Test)
- She wrote a book on SEO in 2016
- Find via: Twitter | LinkedIn
1. Can you please share your experience highlights and achievements as an SEO professional?
I’ve been passionately working in SEO since 2010.
Over the years I had the opportunity to contribute my knowledge and skills to multiple industries such as: Travel, Education, Health, Consumer products, Sport and Personal Insurance.
Over the years, I have contributed to the SEO success of many brands (both international and local).
These are some of the results that I achieved over the years:
- Increased organic traffic for the Costa Crociere Italian domain (costacrociere.it) website by 56,07%
- Increased the organic traffic on The Gritti Fund website by 344,02%
- Successfully implemented a website migration for the ING Direct Australia in March 2014.
- Increased organic traffic by 230% YoY for Bakers Corner Australia website (a baking recipes website owned by Nestle).
- Owned the Content Strategy for Purina Australia, which lead to a 64% increase in organic traffic YoY (2013 vs 2012).
2. What are your unique strengths as an SEO? Why do these companies need to hire you?
Based on years of experience and professional challenges, I’d say that my core strengths are the following:
- Hard worker: I approach every project as if it was mine. Therefore, I put all my energy, passion and creativity to achieve the clients SEO goals and establish with them a lasting and trustworthy relationship.
- Organized: In SEO, the pace of work is fast, the activities involved are many and diversified and require on-going progress updates with the clients. Therefore, I strive to deliver everything on time and comply with the commitments made.
- Willingness to change: in SEO the only constant is change and I’ve learned that you can never celebrate a final victory because the results are also temporary. Thus, I approach every new project with curiosity, open mindedness and determination.
- Communication skills: every client is also a student. Therefore, I put a lot of effort into teaching them about the purpose of SEO and in making sure that the content and the goal of every activity if fully understood and owned by them. I believe that this is an essential ingredient to establish a positive and lasting professional relationship. Ultimately, I put a lot of time and effort into passing onto the client the SEO knowledge they need to engage in the project.
- Genuine personality: I approach every new work challenge with enthusiasm and strive to come up with new ideas and approaches. It’s common in SEO to try something new that can product little or no results. Even when that happens I learn from my mistakes and handle them with humility.
- Constant desire to grow and develop: I consider myself a life-long leaner and also a consistent learner. To me, every day brings the opportunity to deepen my knowledge, expand my skills into new territories and to learn something new from my clients and their businesses.
3. What type of SEO roles or jobs are you interested in?
Ideally I would love to work with a variety of clients from different industries. I am interested in becoming the SEO Lead for a new SEO project, where I can drive the strategy from the beginning and plan all the operations long term.
However, I’d be also keen to apply my skills for more temporary and/or focused SEO roles, specifically when Content and Off-site activities are required.
Ultimately, because of my passion for education, I’d also be happy to run webinars and educate clients on SEO.
4. How would you like to contribute in your next SEO role? What’s the impact you wish to have?
I’d love to work as a team and deliver SEO growth, consistently.
I am keen to collaborate with teams of professionals with different skills (Social Media specialists, Web developers, SEO Copywriters, Digital Analysts) to deliver the most solid results to clients.
I am looking for a role that allows me to uncover all the recommendations that can be implemented to improve a client’s SEO performance. Simply put: I want to get stuff done! 🙂
Finally, I am also keen to engage in a direct communication with clients and also educate them on SEO.
5. What type of companies would you love to work with and why?
I am particularly passionate about eCommerce businesses at the moment.
Also, I would love to work with companies in the Education field, as well as Health-related companies and Travel companies.
I’ve also done work for a few NGOs in the past and that’s another sector that I’d be keen to work on.
6. Why do you work remotely?
There are many reasons, but I would point out 3 specific ones:
- Exposure to new projects and challenges, worldwide
- Networking opportunity that would be harder to have at the present time due to limited in-person encounters
- Collaborate with other professionals that can nurture and increase my knowledge in Digital Marketing.
7. How do you tackle remote work challenges? (productivity, communication, etc.)
I personally value remote work and prefer this way of work compared to the office environment, as I manage to achieve higher focus and set my own pace of work (lower chances of unplanned meetings and requests).
However, I sometimes incur in the risk of overworking. So I set up reminders to myself to take breaks. I use the timer on my smartphone to set a break once every hour, which reminds me that I need to detach from the screen, drink some water and get some fresh air.
Also, I start each day with the most challenging and important task and I use the 1-3-5 rule, meaning I plan to get done just 1 big task, 3 medium tasks, and 5 small tasks per day.
I do my best to include social breaks in my daily schedule, by working a 5 to 6 hours per day then spending an hour talking with/seeing friends and family.
Additionally, I take vitamin supplements in the morning and I always include at least 45 minutes of exercise (swimming, spinning or rope jumping) at the start of each day. This practice gives me both the energy and the mental clarity I need to to organise the day and bring the best out of me.
Last but not least, I have a dedicated office space at my place, that is separate from the rest of the house. This allows me to set clear boundaries between work time and “free” time.
8. Is there anything else that you would like to share about you, personally or professionally?
I am the author of the book “VADEMECUM SEO”, a practical guide outlining white-hat content marketing strategies for link building, which has been released in Italy by Dario Flaccovio Editore in September 2016.
After spending 5 years living and working as digital marketer in Australia, I also wrote an eBook called “Australia In Testa”, a practical guide for young italians who dream to move to Australia and start a life overseas.
Lastly, I am a passionate downhill skier and mountain lover and whenever I can I escape to my house located in the Italian Dolomites.
9. How can companies get in touch with you to talk more about a potential remote position?
Other similar interviews in Remote Job Seekers
|Lachlan Wells, Remote Based SEO with 6 years of Experience||Learn about Lachlan Wells, Remote Based SEO with 6 years of Experience looking for a...|
|Rahul Setia, remote based Digital Marketer with 9 years of Experience||Learn about Rahul Setia, remote based Digital Marketer with 9 years of Experience looking for...|
|Tina Richardson, Remote Based Content Strategist, Copywriter & Web Accessibility Consultant w/ 15 years Experience||Learn about Tina Richardson, Remote Based Content Strategist, Copywriter and Website Accessibility Consultant w/ 15...|
|François Joly, Remote Based SEO & Web Analytics Expert w/ 13 years of Experience||Learn about François Joly, Remote Based SEO & Web Analytics Expert w/ 13 years of...|
|Aditya Todawal, Remote Based Digital Marketing Professional w/ 10 Years of Experience||Learn about Aditya Todawal, Remote Based Digital Marketing Professional w/ 10 Years of Experience, looking...|