Zoom is an online video conferencing service that offers (HD) video conferencing and desktop sharing for free.
Language: English and more
It has a simple user-friendly interface and it’s available for both Desktop and mobile devices.
If you want to host a meeting, there are two options, create an account and logging in with your user details or simply use your Gmail or Facebook account to sign in.
- The free version hosts up to 50 participants and there’s an unlimited number of meetings (meaning that you can use it as many times as you want). For group meetings there’s a 40 minutes duration limit. For one to one meetings this limit does not exist. There are a Pro (14.99$/month), a Business (19.99$/month) and an Entreprise (17.99$/month) version of the app which offer unlimited meeting duration for all meeting sizes, user management, admin feature control, vanity URLs, etc.
Your Review of The Tool:
You can host a video meeting, invite others to join or join a meeting already created. A very handy feature is the schedule a meeting one, this way you only need one tool that does it all, no need of other calendars, emails and co. Just to mention some interesting features: screen sharing and cloud recording (for paid subscribers only). You need just an account or simply logging in with your Gmail/Facebook account
Rate the tool:
What are the tool “pros” & benefits?:
- Meetings are easy to create.
- The video and audio connections are high quality.
- The price for paid users is a fair one.
- No delays whatsoever. It’s like a phone call, but with HD video and screen sharing.
- The best: HD video quality.
What are the tool “cons” & issues?:
- The only con we can find is the absence of a vanity URL in the free version of the tool.
Do you consider it essential to: Video conferencing.
How often do you use it?: Whenever a video conference is needed.
Do you know a competitor?: Gotomeeting and WebEx.
It can substitute: Other worse quality video conferencing tools.
Does it allow you to save time?: Yes, because there are no delays in the meetings.
Is it easy to use?: Very simple and intuitive.
Why do you recommend it?:: For the features it offers for free.
Be the first to leave a review.
Other similar tools in Communication
|Krisp||Krisp performs all audio processing locally. Your voice and audio will never leave the device.|
|Google Workspace||Google's communication, collaboration, and storage tools: Gmail, Google Calendar, Drive & Docs.|
|Vmaker||Vmaker is an application that records screens, webcam, or both at the same time in...|
|Livestorm||Livestorm is a browser-based video communication platform that easily connects teams on the device of...|
|Slack||"The communication & collaboration platform for distributed teams"|