Slack is essential for work with a team that is not in the same location or teams with tasks that are not developed at the same time, since everything is saved and can be searched easily.
Category: Communication, productivity, documentation
App type / Devices/ OS:
- Web / Desktop & Mobile App / All major OS
- An email for the free version and create a group
- Very intuitive & easy to use
- Allows to create channels and have all the information organized
- It has been capable to change all the communications in my team and integrate everything in one place. This is amazing to avoid losing information.
- The free version has enough functionalities and capability to allow work in many projects and with many users.
- You can’t give access only to some channels to the different members of a given group.
- Doesn’t have the option to work offline and sync later.
- I haven’t found anything I don’t like from the tool except the cons that can be solved having a paid account.
Do you consider it essential to:
- Work with a team that is not in the same location or teams with tasks that are not developed at the same time, since everything is saved and can be searched easily.
How often do you use it?:
- Every day I work.
Do you know a competitor?:
- I don’t.
It can substitute to:
Only in specific cases but with my team it has allowed us to:
- eliminate the email as a tool where we save everything that we talk about this project in different threads.
- eliminate hangout & skype to chat.
Does it allow you to save time?:
- Yes. A lot, specially time allocated to manage and organize ideas and content. It also saves time from looking in emails, dropbox, drive, etc. content about a topic because it has a powerful search engine.
Is it easy to use?:
- The basic options are difficult to use and the doubts I’ve had has been solved in their help section.
- I haven’t used it.
Why do you recommend it?:
- Because it allows to have all the conversations about a topic in one place, integrating with all the tools that we use, for example: drive, dropbox, twitter.
REVIEW MADE BY
Date of publishing: 27/10/2015
Name & last name: Elisa Martínez Zancajo
Tool “slogan”: “Don’t miss any idea with Slack”
Profession: Entrepreneur & Online Marketing Consultant
Company: Animoo.es y Remoters.net
Be the first to leave a review.
Other similar tools in Productivity
|Appointeze||AppointEze is a cloud-based appointment scheduling software for all businesses. It is a hub for...|
|Taggg||Taggg helps schedule group meetings by allowing you to privately connect your calendar(s) with people...|
|Gemoo||Gemoo is where you can record and capture your screen with abundant annotations and unlimited...|
|iTop Screen Recorder||iTop Screen Recorder is a free and all-in-one screen recorder and video editor. It lets you...|
|iTop PDF||All-in-one PDF tool for business and personal users. Directly edit PDF texts without converting to...|