Communication Tools and Products
Kalysys combines a multitude of essential tools in a single easy to use the platform: Online Booking, Scheduler, SMS and Email Communications, Video Conference, and more.
"The communication & collaboration platform for distributed teams"
Smart video interactions for remote teams: live video and quick video messages.
Simply create video content of what you want new hires to learn. Sign up to Zimo, upload the video, set a quiz, invite the new hire via email and publish.
"The ultimate (HD) video conferencing tool. And the most popular in 2020"
Krisp performs all audio processing locally. Your voice and audio will never leave the device.
Finance Tools and Products
Soldo is a sophisticated business expenses solution that empowers staff with controlled access to company money.
Invoice Ninja is a suite of freelancer apps to invoice clients & get paid online. Work from anywhere, get paid from everywhere:)
A bank that lives on your smartphone and built for the way you live today, currently targeted to UK customers.
N26 offers a free standard account, with free ATM withdrawals in Euros and free payments in any currency.
Xolo is the home of modern freelancers. Xolo makes starting and running your location-independent business simple by taking care of business admin for you takes care of business banking, accounting and compliance.
Manage your money with ease while you travel the world.
Insurance Tools and Products
SafetyWing offers two comprehensive insurance packages: "Nomad Insurance" for digital nomads and long-term travelers and "Remote Health" for remote teams.
Allianz Care review: check the plans, coverage options, pros and cons, and comparing them to other insurances.
World Nomads has individually catered plans customized to meet your needs no matter where the adventure takes you.
Other Tools and Products
Create, share, and track online courses and tests easily.
VirtualPostMail provides you with a commercial address, not a PO Box, to receive postal mail and packages.
iVisa enables travelers to process tourism, medical and business visas from a computer, smartphone, or tablet.
Get your mail scanned, shredded, deposited, or shipped with up to 80% Off on Shipping Rates.
View your postal mail online anywhere in the world with an online postal mailbox and more services.
View, organize, and manage your physical mail from anywhere in the world from the convenience of your computer or smartphone.
Productivity Tools and Products
An online retrospective tool for Agile developers, allowing distributed teams to coordinate, discuss and collaborate together remotely.
With F4S, you get to know more your team members and gain insights on how to succeed as one unit.
Collaborate with team members on the same page and edit projects together in real-time.
A comprehensive time tracking software that fully analyzes your workflow and how you are focused on work in real-time.
"Visual simplicity to manage your to-do list & daily team tasks"
"The communication & collaboration platform for distributed teams"
Project Management Tools and Products
"Light communication & project management tool"
Asana is the work management platform teams use to stay focused on the goals, projects, and daily tasks that grow your business.
Makes sure that you enjoy tasks related to project planning, tracking, and execution.
Increase productivity, organize and prioritize work, even when your organization is spread across different cities and time zones.
The one place for all your projects, teams and communications.
Freedcamp is a feature rich online and multidevice project management system that is free.
Security Tools and Products
The app secures everything you do on your laptop, smartphone, and tablet. Focused on business and not individuals
Service is powered by a state of the art, tier-1 multi-gigabit private network.
HMA VPN strips away everything that makes you unique and identifiable online, hiding your IP address and encrypting your data.
IP Vanish makes your real IP address disappear so that your online activity can’t be tracked.
PureVPN uses AES 256-bit encryption, which is a high level of encryption, thus ensuring a secure network.
The security you need: use public Wi-Fi, access personal and work accounts on the road, and more.
The Top Remote Work Tools and Products in 2020
Indispensable Tools for Companies Today
Technology has managed to change how people work. The structured office environment of yesteryear is fading into extinction. In its place comes rapid technological advancement that allows employees to take work on the road and operate as digital nomads.
As a result, remote work is not just feasible, but preferable and even necessary in some cases. The only determining factor of success, as agreed by many remote employees, comes from finding the right remote work tools.
Potential Benefits of Remote Work Tools: Why it is Important to Leverage these Tools
Cloud Access and Flexible Storage. Cloud-based storage is what facilitates remote work. This means remote work cannot survive without it. The major benefit of cloud storage is the flexibility and scalability associated with it. Businesses can easily scale down and up depending on their specific storage needs at a given time.
Instant Messaging. Emails are great, but they’re not the most effective way to communicate when looking for a faster response. Luckily, professional remote work tools such as Twist, Slack, and Google Hangout have a direct messaging features that allow one to send and receive messages in real-time – no excuse for sluggish colleagues responding after 24 hours or longer.
Boosts Productivity. According to a recent study, both companies and remote employees find remote work tools beneficial. 30% of businesses have even gone ahead to report that remote tools and custom apps have helped them improve their staff productivity. Confirming this is another study, as conducted by Airtasker, which after gleaning insights from 500 employees that work remotely, found out that – on average – remote employees work an extra 33.6 hours compared to their office-based peers.
Better Work/Life Balance Equals a Happy Workforce. It’s subjective, but many employees prefer working remotely. Apart from enjoying the flexible working hours, in general, they had fewer distractions. Plus, there’s no wasting time on commuting or on getting ready for work.
How Teams Can Benefit from Different Remote Work Tools
- Communication Tools. When communication fails within a company or organization, productivity suffers. It is therefore essential to ensure that real-time communication between managers and remote workers is not only simple but also seamless. Luckily, that’s where communication tools for remote workers come in handy.
- Productivity Tools are exactly as their name says. They streamline processes, save time, and simplify communications and collaborations. They also work to ensure there’s a fair allocation of workloads. Organizations that invest in time-management applications generally want to see measurable improvements in their team’s input.
- Project Manager Tools: Every organization boasts a unique workflow that can benefit from a project management system. They each need a project management system to monitor their progress and organize tasks. Popular choices of project management systems include Podio, Quip, Trello, Asana, Basecamp, Confluence: team workspace, and Remotely from Zoho.
- Finance products control the spending behavior within remote teams. One major difference to note is that financial decisions are no longer made by a centralized purchasing department but by individuals within an organization. With remote teams, the existing distance between individuals that are making these spending decisions and the management team responsible for monitoring the decisions may put financial leaders in a complicated position.
- Insurance products allow organizations to provide healthcare insurance for their remote workforce. With these tools, employers can provide comprehensive insurance for their team, whether they’re employed remotely or working on-site.
- Organizations should learn to protect their devices and software systems. It’s their job to ensure their products and devices are properly protected using up-to-date antivirus, VPN's firewalls, and device encryption. There should be cyber securities designating which organization-owned devices should be used for certain business activities.
- There are tons of other tools that organisations use to keep their remote teams efficient and energized. Examples include: Calendly: an appointment scheduler (They have a FREE option), Help Scout: customer support platform, LastPass: password manager (They have a FREE option), Noisli: background sounds for focus (They have a FREE option), Timezone.io: time difference calculator (completely FREE) or Donut: teammate pairing app (They have a FREE option).
- File-Sharing Tools. Working remotely means there’ll come a time when digital files or important information will have to be shared among concerned parties. The easiest way to go about it is via a file transfer program. Options abound, but here are a few suggestions: Google Drive: Online cloud service for storing digital files and sharing them. It’s a useful file transfer tool, especially for those using Google products such as Gmail, Google Docs, etc.; Box: An easy to use cloud storage and file transfer tool. The tool can also integrate with a range of applications and services; Onedrive: An online cloud storage tool for saving files and photos and accessing them from anywhere and from any device. SpiderOak: A secure way to transfer and exchange files online. The transfer is encrypted, which makes them the ideal choice of tool when transferring sensitive files.
In this section, you'll find the top remote work tools and products in the market today! If you know of a useful tool that can be used for remote work that is not yet listed here, submit it for free now.