Travelcon. Boston, 27-29 June 2019.
- Category: Conference.
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- Start Date: 2019-06-27.
- Finish Date: 2019-06-29.
- Price: 399 US$ Dollars.
- Organized by: Nomadic Matt.
- Language: English.
- URL: https://travelcon.org/
- For: travelers, travel bloggers & digital nomads.
The travel media landscape is constantly changing. This three-day conference will connect you with industry leaders, influencers, and celebrated writers through keynote speeches, small group writing and photography workshops, breakout tutorial sessions, and industry panels. You will learn what’s working in today’s competitive travel industry, timeless business practices, and the skills you need to succeed as a creator.
Objectives & Goals
- Improve their craft in the four major areas of travel: video, photography, writing, and blogging.
- Learn what’s hot, what works, and what’s new in the industry.
- Keep current on the best practices in digital travel publishing.
- Learn about new products and services in the industry.
- Meet destinations and travel brands.
- Network with experts outside the travel industry.
- Learn from experts outside the travel industry.
- Make connections with other travel lovers.
- Have a ton of fun.
The goal of TravelCon is to create an environment that facilitates networking between experts inside and outside of the travel industry.
A few things you can expect
- An Emphasis on Developing Your Business Skills – You’ll learn things like how to work with brands, the art of negotiating a deal, how to manage your website, and the ins and outs of social media.
- Small Group Photography/Writing Workshops – Spend some time in a small group setting with industry experts as you hone your writing and/or photography skills.
- How to Navigate the Ever-Changing Blogging Landscape – Hear from well-known bloggers and leaders on a variety of topics such as solo female travel, LGBT travel, new social media practices, and so much more.
- How to Monetize Your Work – An in-depth look at newsletter and email marketing, community building, copywriting, and all the tools you need to make a career out of blogging, even if you’ve been blogging for years!