Backend Python Developer in Stanwood
How We Work
- We are a 100% distributed company. Our team members work from wherever they choose to live and we regularly get together in nice locations all over Europe for fun and a bit of work. Please note that we meet somewhere in Europe, so you should be within reasonable fly time from major European cities.
- We work in small teams, focused on shipping products in 4-6 week cycles.
- We always strive to improve ourselves and the way we work, so we like to experiment with new tools and new ways of working. Sometimes it works out, sometimes we fail, but we always learn a lot during the process.
- We are highly result-oriented and are looking for people who are too.
- You take on full responsibility for your projects and its results. In return, we give you a lot of freedom and independence to shape your daily work.
- We strongly believe in transparency, so we share (almost) every information within the company and even open source it in our handbook.
- We discuss issues openly and directly with each other and bring them up as soon as we notice them.
- We highly value the opinions of our team members and make decisions based on data, not hierarchy. Your voice counts, but you might not be right every time. ;-)
- Backends for mobile and web apps
- REST API
- noSQL Firestore based data backends
Tech Stack We Use
- Google Cloud App Engine
- Python Frameworks - we are not obsessed about one framework, we use the right tool for each task like Django or Falcon. We still have some projects in webapp2.
- Python 3.7 is the way to go although we still have some code in 2.7
- noSQL Firestore
- SQL Postgres
- Google Cloud Functions
- Github and Gitlab
- CI/CD - codeship and gitlab
- Vue.js / Angular - We know this is a backend job posting, but if you are familiar with those, don’t be shy to tell us. ;)
- We are looking for an experienced developer, meaning you spent at least 36 productive months coding on commercial projects AND you have a long list of solutions which did not work (and you learned a lot from them).
- You have to be experienced with 80% of our tech stack. We know everyone is willing and capable to learn fast, but see first point.
- Excellent English skills are crucial for this position. You need to be able to explain technical solutions to non developers. And more importantly, tell funny jokes and have a good time with us. ;-)
- We offer you a 12-month freelance contract which extends every year.
- We pay 25-40€ per hour, depending on your skills and experience.
Recruitment ProcessFor a remote company like us, finding the right people who can identify 100% with our company values and culture is crucial. So please don't get intimidated by our multi-step recruiting process and bear with us until the end. It's worth it ;).
- Application form
- A 10min call for a quick chat so you can make sure we are humans and we get to know you a bit.
- A small development assignment
- A 1hr technical interview with your future Team Lead and Project Lead to discuss the assignment, talk about tech stuff and answer your questions about the job
- A few short calls with your future team mates so you know what you are signing up for.
- A final call or dinner with Hannes, our Supreme Mugwump aka Managing Director (if your second degree is law).