Platform Support Engineer in Zapier
Company Name: Zapier Company URL: https://zapier.com/about/ Hi there! We're looking for someone who loves helping people, solving tricky technical challenges, and developing internal tools to join us a support engineer on our Platform team. If you love interacting with people on a daily basis to help them optimize their work just as much as you love diving deep into code to squash bugs, read on… About You You’re empathetic. You’ll be working with directly with developers who are building on our platform as they overcome problems. You’re able to put yourself in their shoes and help point them in the right direction—whether that means sending a link to relevant documentation or explaining a more complex concept in clear terms. You love code and APIs. You are proficient at reading and writing code and genuinely enjoy making and maintaining software. You’ve worked with many APIs and have a fundamental understanding of how they work. You have a solid intuition for what could be causing an API to respond to a request with an error, and you know the little tricks you can employ to get misbehaving requests back on track. You're comfortable working with code and logs to diagnose, fix, and safeguard against API issues. You love figuring things out. You enjoy being presented with situations that don't have an immediately obvious answer and relish finding the solution. You are excited, not intimidated, by problems you don't know the answer to. You love applying the things you have learned to unfamiliar situations in order to see the deeper patterns that connect seemingly disparate issues. You love building tools. You are excited by the opportunity to build internal tools such as chrome extensions, CLIs, and web apps that make you and your teammates more effective and efficient. You enjoy iterating based on constructive feedback from your co-workers to make everyone's tools awesome. You love doing things efficiently. You are constantly looking for ways to use computers to become more efficient. If a process is slowing you down, you're not afraid to suggest improvements. If internal tooling could speed you up, you're willing to get into the code to build or improve it. You love variety. You would enjoy a multifaceted role that interacts with a wide variety of people, topics, and issues. The idea of seeing something new and different every day is invigorating. You are able to learn and act quickly to keep up with rapidly changing and sometimes unfamiliar situations. You can balance a variety of projects and responsibilities without getting overwhelmed. You love communicating through writing. You have a very strong command of written English and your writing is concise but effective. Almost everything at Zapier is done via written communication (both with customers and between teammates). Things You Might Do Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Help partners identify and resolve problems between their APIs and Zapier over email and a public Slack channel.
- Identify and fix bugs in the Zapier codebase
- Build and maintain internal tools that empower your co-workers
- Create and improve documentation to help users and partners help themselves
- If you feel like growing your experience and taking on these responsibilities, this role may be for you. This is a chance to build your expertise in API integrations.
- You can think of this role as one that needs the knowledge base of an engineer, but is more focused on troubleshooting and supporting partners than building new features.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.