Sales Lead – First Sales Hire in DataBees
We’re looking for a self-motivated Sales Lead to exceed targets and take ownership of driving new business. You will be self-motivated, energetic, with a hunter mentality, and a positive attitude. Must have Sales experience, from prospecting to onboarding, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a focused independent worker.
Who we areWe are DataBees, helping sales organizations prospect smarter, become more human in their outreach, and close more deals. We do so by outsourcing their lead research, list building and other labor and time-intensive work, allowing our clients to focus 100% on growing revenue. We're profitable and growing sustainably, now looking for a sharp Sales Lead to join our young and growing team and expand our list of customers.
- Exceed aggressive Sales goals, doubling the annual revenue.
- Improve the existing outbound sales process and make it more effective
- You will prospect, negotiate, and close all deals for DataBees by working closely with our CEO
- Transition the sales process to an account based model and identify the top 500
- Help increase deal sizes
- Work with Customer Success to create a “self-service” flow for low-value leads and smaller projects
Qualities / Skills
- 2+ years of previous sales experience
- Plus: Sold to a similar audience (sales and marketing teams at companies with 50-500 employees and closed deals between $1k-$10k MRR with a sales cycle of 2-4 weeks)
- Plus: Prior experience working remotely and independently
- Grit and Work ethic: You will claw and fight for your place at the table and get in front of the best customers
- Entrepreneurial instinct: You are willing to do more than just sell and wear many hats. You will help with marketing, product, and training to help the company succeed. There is no sales operations team or salesforce admins and warm leads are scarce. There are no ready-made demos or sales collateral
- Reliability and ability to follow through on commitments: you do what you say you will do internally and to customers
- You are sharp and can get up to speed quickly
- You have a hunter mindset, are coachable, competitive, and efficient
- Curiosity: You are interested in the product and our customers
- Excellent interpersonal skills and multitasking abilities
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English, active, quick, well-organized, responsive and responsible
- Energetic, highly self-motivated and able to work efficiently and productively in a startup company environment
- Self-managing and the ability to take initiative, resolve problems and find solutions
- You are ideally in Eastern or Central time zone. Europe works too if you are flexible in the evenings to speak with prospects on the US west coast.
- Able to work full-time
- Bonus if you have an invoicing structure setup (especially in the beginning)
How we work
- DataBees is a US company
- The team is distributed across the globe and small, so everyone's contributions matter.
- We all work efficiently, autonomously, and with great respect for each other.
- This is a 100% remote position for someone in Eastern or Central time zone as there needs to be an overlap with team members in EU and US time zones.
- You'll be able to work from home (or from anywhere else).
What we are offering
- You'll work closely with the founders and a small team of highly motivated people
- Freedom to create and act: tell us what you’d like to do and do it!
- Everyone on our team works hard. We trust team members to know what will help them be most productive and there is no room for slacking. Schedules are flexible as long as there is enough overlap with prospects and other team members to get the job done well.
- Working in a small team where you can have a huge impact
- Competitive salaries
- Work from wherever you want
- Grow and evolve with us: in the beginning you are doing everything and over time build out a dedicated sales org that you will lead
To ApplyIf you think you have the skills to excel in this role, send in your resume to email@example.com with the subject ‘DataBees Sales Lead”, along with the link to your LinkedIn profile. Make sure to tell us why you’re the best fit for the role and why you want to join our team. Lastly, please answer the following questions in the email:
- The company “Sage Intacct” is an account on your top list. Write a first cold email (including subject) that you would send to the VP of Sales.
- If you could build anything, what would it be?
- Recommend a book to us, and also tell us why that is your choice.