Senior Software Developer in Jerry
Salary Range: Between 3,000 and 5,000 US$ per month
Job Published on: March 22nd, 2019
About Jerry.aiBased in Silicon Valley, California, we are looking for remote developers to join our distributed team. We are backed by Y-combinator, SV Angel, Funders Club, and many other prominent Silicon Valley Investors. Jerry.ai is founded by serial entrepreneurs who previously built and scaled YourMechanic (“Uber for car repair,” the nation’s largest on-demand car repair site). Enabled by disruptive technologies, jerry.ai aims for the one-click user experience in financial product offerings which traditionally requires users to fill out long forms.
About the roleWe are looking for experienced software developers who love tackling convoluted problems and coming up with clean, stable solutions that scale. The ideal candidate would be someone who has a genuine passion for designing and implementing elegant software solutions. They would also be intimately familiar (and up to date) with their development ecosystem for making sound decisions when it comes to choosing the right tool or library for the job. We expect our senior engineers to be able to contribute across the entire product stack, as well as collectively oversee the integrity of the codebase.
Our technical stack
- GraphQL API (no REST)
- PostgreSQL DB (transactional)
- ClickHouse (columnar DB for data warehousing)
- Redis (session storage, task queue management)
- Sequelize ORM (exploring Prisma as a potential replacement)
- Jest test runner
- Infrastructure: Docker images orchestrated with Kubernetes, Ksonnet. Currently all hosted on AWS.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 4+ years of experience as professional software engineer.
- Strong software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- Intimate knowledge of JS ecosystem (tooling, libraries, etc.).
- Expert level familiarity with React (web frontend, server-side rendering, and React Native on mobile platforms).
- Deep understanding of performance implications and scalability of code.
- Keenness for writing good, meaningful tests and maintaining thorough test coverage.
- Experience with large, complex code bases and know how to maintain them.
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo a big plus.
- Proficiency in English.
- Lead design and development of projects, either independently or in a team.
- Assist with recruitment, interviewing, and hiring new team members.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members and participate in design decisions.
- Be the gatekeeper of the codebase and ensure that it stays stable, readable, and free of technical debt.
Interested? Apply Now!You can apply by sending a copy of your resume and cover letter (in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by using this link.
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.