System Engineer in Frontastic
Salary Range: Between 3,000 and 5,000 US$ per monthFrontastic is looking for a System Engineer (f/m/*) as either part-time or full-time position. We are a remote-first company currently operating in the Europe/Berlin timezone. Locations in or close to Germany are preferred to make our regular in-person meetings easier As our first dedicated system engineer you will have the opportunity to be a major influence on our product deployment architecture and building the groundwork for an infrastructure powering many large dynamically scaled eCommerce Platforms in the near future. This is not a junior position, but if you are experienced and ship proven work on your own, this position is for you.
- Shape the deployment of dynamically scaled platforms on Google Cloud
- Enhance our monitoring using Prometheus & Grafana or similar approaches
- Improve our Ansible based provisioning infrastructure
- Maintain our PaaS & SaaS infrastructure powering many different eCommerce Platforms built on top of Frontastic
YOU BRINGKnowledge of Ansible and experience with cloud platform providers and deploying & monitoring larger dynamically scaled server landscapes. Experiences with NodeJS, PHP (Symfony 4), CouchDB or MySQL are a bonus. You are a proficient speaker and writer of English – additional languages are always helpful. You have already gained experience in IT companies and can structure requirements and challenges, communicate and implement them in a targeted manner. You are motivated to work from your home office or a co-working space and able to structure your work day accordingly. That’s what makes you special:
- You would describe yourself more as a generalist than a specialist in your field
- You are highly motivated, committed to improving existing skills and like to learn new skills during working hours
- You have a vision of how to better shape the development experience for all engineers.
- You have a completed education and at least 3 to 5 years of professional experience as an system engineer or in a comparable field.
- Knowledge of Ansible & Cloud Infrastructures
- An understanding of the requirements of working in software development (quality assurance, testing, monitoring)
- You are able and willing to prefer written communication to make well structured information readily available to everyone and follow established communication patterns
WHAT WE OFFERAs our colleague you have the flexibility to choose your own working hours throughout the day to incorporate this job into your life-work balance. Our work week has 40 hours maximum and overtime is the exception. No vacation days are necessary to run errands, and there is certainly no need to wait until after work to take care of a family emergency. Our development team strives to improve themselves following these guidelines:
- A culture of owning your code from design & development to deployment and monitoring, which is sometimes called DevOps.
- We offer a friendly learning environment and try hard not to blame anyone for not knowing something and actively encourage mentoring of your peers.
- We use practices like pair programming, mob programming, test driven development when it makes sense and continuously refactor our code to constantly share knowledge and keep the amount of technical dept low.
- We are a remote-first company with regular meetings in-person. We use tools like Email, Trello, Hangouts and Slack to stay in touch during our daily work.
COMPENSATIONFor this particular job we are offering to pay between 40.000 € to 70.000 € based on experience and skills. Optionally you can get Virtual Shares from our Virtual Shares Options Program (VSOP) as part of your compensation. If this job sounds interesting to you, please send a letter of motivation, CV and your earliest possible starting date to email@example.com. Do you still have a question? Do not hesitate to get in contact via mail!
ABOUT FRONTASTICFrontastic is the specialist provider for the digital customer experience. As cloud software, Frontastic enables ambitious online merchants, brands, marketplaces or even agile startups to implement customer centricity easily and without IT. Frontastic is going be the standard Frontend Management Platform for the IT trend of the API economy, in which the frontend and backend are consistently separated. Based, for example, on Commercetools, About You Cloud, Shopify Plus or other API-based cloud services, online teams can quickly implement and scale new business ideas independently of programmers.
Other similar jobs in Software Development
|Unity 3D Developer||September 8th, 2019|
|Senior Java Developer for a big e-commerce project||September 5th, 2019|
|Search Engine Evaluator Anywhere in Slovakia||September 5th, 2019|