Cloud Engineer in Skyscrapers
Job Published on: December 21st, 2017
Available to applicants based in: AnywhereCompany Name: Skyscrapers Company URL: https://skyscrapers.eu You are passionate about open source technology, public cloud, containers, devops and modern application architectures and workflows? Then you might be the person we’re looking for!
About the roleFor the Runtime Circle we are looking for a person that can fill the role of Site Reliability Engineer as primary role. You will be joining our distributed team. Skyscrapers is building a Reference Architecture so our customer can have a container based workflow from commit to production. The Runtime Platform is the part of this architecture where the containers run. Following a productisation strategy with strong standards we integrate best-of-breed technologies like AWS ECS, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Vault, etc to provide a reliable, scalable and secure platform. This is the responsibility of the Runtime Circle where the Site Reliability Engineer role is key.
Your key responsibilitiesThis role is a combination of ops, engineering and development:
- Support Customer Success in setting up and maintaining platforms for customers
- Ensure the operational availability, performance and efficiency of the various components that form the Runtime Platform
- Implement effective monitoring to keep track of health and availability of all platforms
- Ensure a high release velocity of components by participating in the productisation effort
- Increase the automation levels of the components by codifying operational best practices
- Participate in a 24/7 rotation and emergency response (company wide) and some other non-24/7 shared responsibilities
- Potentially take up other roles as well (secondary roles)
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.