Event Project Manager – Seedstars Summit in Seedstars
Job Published on: July 4th, 2019
About SeedstarsSeedstars is a global organization with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
About Seedstars SummitAt Seedstars Summit, we reunite the top players interested to connect, build and invest in emerging markets. It is the biggest Entrepreneurship and Innovation Forum for emerging markets that take place across all continents. Connect the dots offline!
About the jobYour main objective will be to support the organisation and production of the Global Seedstars Summit to be held each year in April, in Lausanne, Switzerland. This job can be done from Paris, Porto, Geneva or remote from anywhere in Europe. Key responsibilities:
- Assist with all other event preparation, from inception to day-of execution to post-event wrap-up
- Planning, implementation and follow-up for the next edition of the Global Seedstars Summit
- Content & marketing:
- Prepare event content
- Develop and implement marketing plans and materials
- Find, manage and operate in-kind sponsors
- Work on the tickets sales strategy
- Operations & Logistics:
- Coordinate event logistics such as catering, venue, hotels, ground transportation
- Supervise, execute and coordinate with event contractors
- Experience & Skills: Minimum 2 years of event organisation experience; Excellent organisational skills and attention to details
- Languages: Excellent ability to read, write and speak English - business & content skills; Excellent ability to read, write and speak French - business skills
- Strong belief in getting things done: We are nomads travelling around the world so it is important to have drive, independence, ownership and execution. Working in remote with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritise and make things happen
- An ability to connect: comfortable in new environments and more importantly loving engaging with new people and circumstances. You must be able to network and connect with different types of people, have interpersonal skills and good relationships.
- Creativity & team player: The challenges faced are massive and constant and you should see these challenges as experiences and will need to be creative to solve those problems. In order to scale and grow successfully, the quality of listening and generating relevant feedback from your team and outside partners/customers is fundamental.
Why our employees say they love working with us
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom-centred practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
- We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on. It’s one of the perks of a fast-growing international company
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
- We strive by giving autonomy and flexibility to our teams. We have a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
Location and duration
- A 2 weeks training program at the headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland
- For the remaining period of the internship, remote work may be possible (to be defined).
- Duration: Permanent contract
- Starting date : early September 2019
Interested? Apply now!To apply, please go on our website here.
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.