Senior Software Engineer – Cloud in Carbon Black
Job Published on: January 11th, 2017
Available to applicants based in: AnywhereCompany Name: Carbon Black, Inc. Company URL: https://www.carbonblack.com/ Click here to apply. Why Carbon Black? At Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for two consecutive years. Our Engineering team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology. You’ll be pulling things apart and tinkering, building new platforms, or playing in the cloud. Here, the engineering opportunities are endless. With this fast-paced, synergetic group, you’ll be working together and across the organization to ensure customer success all while continuing to build a product that protects their dearest assets. Why You Matter: There’s incredible excitement and urgency around cyber security software right now. Protecting the world’s Intellectual Property is an imperative and Carbon Black is at the forefront of this market, providing solutions that protect industry and thought leaders in the Commercial, Retail, Finance, Energy and Government sectors. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Collective Defense Cloud Engineering Team building solutions that will help us enrich, analyze and deliver our industry leading Threat Intelligence data to our customers.
- You’ll join a talented team of developers using a wide variety of cool technologies to solve big problems.
- You’ll partner with some impressive threat researchers who are on the bleeding edge of malware analysis.
- You’ll build solutions that our customers are clamoring for, that will help our customers prevent the next front page security breach.
- You’ll make a difference and help us win a huge market.
- Lead the development of new features while also maintaining and enhancing existing features within our Cb Collective Defense Cloud
- Design and implement RESTful web services (using python, Java, etc.) for an AWS cloud deployment, leveraging many AWS service offerings and technologies
- Participate in the design and implementation of a Big Data analytics platform (NoSQL, Hadoop, Spark, EMR, etc.)
- Deliver high quality, secure and scalable solutions alongside the rest of the dev team as part of an Agile SDLC
- Analyze performance of services and optimize / refactor as needed
- Investigate functional problems, finding and fixing defects as needed
- Independently schedule and manage work items (defects, user stories, features, etc.)
- Design proof of concepts or working prototypes for software services
- Ensure that software designs follow best-practices and architectural guidelines
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Five+ years’ experience in designing and delivering commercial software products
- High level of expertise programming in python, Java or equivalent programming languages on Linux
- Solid RDBMS experience and fundamentals
- Demonstrated aptitude in quickly mastering new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Amazon AWS experience a big plus
- Security Experience a big plus
- NoSQL experience a plus
Disclaimer: Remoters posts job listings for the convenience of job seekers. Remoters does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Remoters explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. Read Remoters full disclaimer here.